Thursday, October 10, 2002

We just got a super cool color laser printer. It totally rocks! I printed out some copies of pictures for Victoria to send home since her parents don't have the internet. The pictures were printed on regular paper, but they look like photo quality pictures. I'm really excited, because now my elementary school flashcards will look super real. The funny thing is that Abi (the other ALT at Horikawa) and I will be the only ones who ever use it more than likely.

Last night I went to the video store and tried to figure out the origanizational system they have. Unfortunately, it is terribly confusing, and mostly in kanji. I did figure out that big cards with pictures on it tend to represent themes. For instance, there was a picture of a school, and this was movies about high schools (American Pie, etc.). Another card was movies about New York. Also, I found cards on AIDS, music-themed movies, love, Leslie Nielson, and Jackie Chan. It is basically quite difficult to find a movie. I did notice that Steve Martin was next to Leslie Nielson. I think they both have gray hair, so that is how they are classified. Luckily the DVD collection is small enough that it is alphabetical (by katakana alphabet), so I have more of an idea of where to look. Also, I can just look through all the titles in about 5 minutes.

No comments: