Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Blah. It seems I have trouble getting my lesson plans efficiently. It's almost two hours past time to go home and I am still preparing things for tomorrow. I have the main activity done, but I have no idea what to do to teach plural in an interesting way. At least once I get it done I don't have to worry about lesson plans until next week.

This week for ichi-nensei (first year students) we are doing a hamburger restaurant lesson (McBrian's) which includes plurals and the word please. I made a whole McBrian's menu with pictures and the like. I think it looks pretty good, but I always worry that it won't work out well. I also have no idea how long we can do it for, or how to explain it before hand. Blah. At least the other teachers can help out some.

I just found out one of my English teachers' father died on Sunday. No one remembered to tell me, and then my co-worker asked me if I was going to the funeral tomorrow evening. I asked him what funeral, and then he told me the details. I can't make it to the funeral, so it is traditional to give money. I think the Japanese people give a lot of money (almost $100 each), but they told me to just give about $25.

No comments: