Wednesday, October 30, 2002

I don't normally comment on school lunch, but this one was actually pretty good. For the first time lunch did not include milk! We had orange juice to drink instead. I was in shock for awhile. Every other lunch has had milk. The orange juice was from Valencia, which prompted me to try to explain to the students that Valencia was a region in Spain. I think I was unsuccessful until I drew a map on the board which they understood. Hopefully that expanded their world view a little, or something.

We also had egg drop soup with corn and carrots. It was quite good. The main dish was a pork cutlet with mashed potatoes and some random vegetables. We had bread instead of rice. When I looked at the bread, I noticed there was something in it. It turned out to have little pineapple pieces throughout it. I think it is probably the best meal I've had here, as far as sheer taste goes.

No comments: