We're going to Kyoto on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be raining so much there. This whole week it is supposed to rain in Toyama. Darn mountains and sea! I'll hopefully have more pictures and stuff after the trip.
Our tickets were about $120 round-trip for a 2.5 hour journey. It's not horrible for Japan, but it still seems really expensive for a pretty short trip. We had no problem getting tickets going there, but return trip tickets were nearly all sold out. We have to sit in the smoking section in separate seats for the return trip. It's a national holiday, so I think many people are going to Kyoto on Friday and returning on Monday.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm going with Iguchi-sensei to Shomyo Falls, the largest waterfall in Japan. It is not wide like Niagara Falls, just really tall (number 4 or 5 in the world, I think). The leaves should be changing color now and it is supposed to be quite nice.
Friday, November 01, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment