Thursday, November 07, 2002

Today is actually a nice day for once. Yesterday became a nice day by the afternoon, but of course I was way to busy to actually enjoy it. On Wednesdays I have English Club (4-5), then Japanese lessons (5:30-7), and finally basketball (8:30-10:00), so I am very busy. I want to go bicycle to a new shop I saw once but couldn't go to. Hopefully I'll be able to right after school. I might go buy a futon also. My bed is horribly uncomfortable (springs in my back), so I was thinking of covering it with a futon. That way I could also take it off and put it on the floor for any guests who come. Currently I have a comforter on top of my mattress, but it is getting colder and I think I would like an extra comforter on top of me, rather than using it for padding. I found a futon for about $50, which is the cheapest I have seen yet. I think it's probably worth it.

I've made it my passion to go explore all the foreign food stores I can. There are about 5-6 in Toyama from what I can tell. The most convenient is also the most expensive and smallest by far. They tend to have lots of different items though. My current preferred one is moderately close to my house, and very large. They have alcohol and other beverages from around the world. They also have some foods too. My recent discovery is that they have inexpensive cereal there. It is brand-imitation German cereal (fake frosted flakes, etc.). Normally cereal is 250-300 yen ($2-2.50) for a 210g box. The German cereal is 100 yen ($.85) for a 250g box. I need to stockpile some cereal because I won't be able to bike to the store all the time. They also have a variety of cheese for okay prices. I am a little disappointed that the only root beer they have is Dad's (just like the expensive store), however it is only $.65 per can.

One store I want to bike to on a nice day is another foreign foods store I drove by.

No comments: