Monday, November 25, 2002

Today's lunch was an interesting experience. It seemed to be calamari with the typical vegetables that seem to come with every meal, normally bean sprouts, seaweed, cucumbers, or lettuce. Normally we have some combination of those four vegetables. However, part way through the meal I realized my white bean sprouts had little silver dots on them, which I realized were little eyes. Turns out they were little white fish instead of bean sprouts. I still ate them, but it was quite surprising. They didn't really taste like much, however.

All the teachers went to a meeting, so I am left alone again. It seems to happen once a week. I think the Japanese really like meetings a lot. There are 2-3 teacher's meetings on average. I guess with all the schedule changes, they have to keep up somehow. A girl students just came to the office and lost all ability to communicate. She just kept saying, "uh, uh, uh" and occasionally uttering the name of one of the teachers. I eventually got her to say something more substantial in English. Though she could've said it in Japanese and I probably would've gotten it still. It was pretty funny, but I was a little worried she might wet her pants or something.

No comments: