Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Recently I've been doing a lot of fundraising for the charity show. We are trying to get a slew of companies to sponsor us. So far we have raised about 150,000 yen, which is about 1,500 dollars. At least, I think that is where we are at. Some of the companies have yet to turn in the postcard we provided specifying the exact amount they will donate.

I did find out some good news, however. It turns out that the prefectural board of education might pay for the use of the hall on the day of the performance. That's about half of our costs for this year, and would reduce the amount of money we need to fundraise from other sources. My goal is to pay for all of the show's costs using sponsors, and then all the ticket sales can be donated to the charities.

No comments: