Somehow we managed to have two incredibly warm days this weekend. It was 20 degrees (Celsius) on Saturday over 20 on Sunday! Today it is back to rain, a little snow, and a cool 7 degrees. The rain is the most annoying thing, but it seems to have paused a little right now, so I'll go home soon. I was actually a little upset at the hot weather for two reasons. One, I just got back from these temperatures in Okinawa. Two, I wanted to go skiing this weekend. However, we got up and decided skiing in slush wouldn't be that great. At best it would be 12 degrees in the mountains, which is a bit too warm. Maybe we can go next week if it snows in the mountains again this week.
The teachers are in a good mood right now, mostly because they can hang out or go home early, because there are no school clubs today. The students have tests Wednesday to Friday, so they have to go home and study. Normally teachers are forced to help out with a school club, despite having no interest in that particular club. Luckily, they had an English teacher help with English club, as opposed to some random teacher. However, one of my English teachers who hates sports is in charge of the boys basketball team. This happens because clubs are year round and there aren't enough gym teachers to run all the teams year round.
Supposedly my bike is going to be taken to a bike shop and repaired this afternoon by the guy who hit me last week. I have been a bit bikeless recently, so I would like to have my bike back. I will try to borrow the school bike again today, if they will let me. Luckily the maintenance woman likes me a lot, so she always lets me do what I want.
Monday, February 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment