Apparently I had the flu last weekend. I have gathered that a mild strain of the flu is going around the school, with the same symptoms that I had. Unfortunately, Victoria got it last week, too. They sent her home from school on Thursday because she had a temperature. On Friday she went to elementary school, but felt really bad when she was there so she went to the doctor after she arrived. The doctor said that she had the flu and should stay home for 5 days. Normally this might be good advice, but this particular flu strain is not very virulent so she was feeling great by Sunday. The doctor also gave her about half of a pharmacy, including many drugs for symptoms she wasn't having. She has about 10 different medicines at home, I swear.
Today the doctor's note said she was supposed to stay at home, but she wanted to come to school. So this morning she called her school and they said it was okay for her to come in since she felt better. Then, after she arrived at school, they changed their mind and decided she should be at home resting. So then they told her to go home. She argued with them for awhile, and apparently they have grudgingly decided to let her stay today. Anyway, the whole thing seems very silly. She has to fight to do work!
Monday, February 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment