Friday, December 12, 2003

First period this morning, I was supposed to teach a second-year class, but I couldn't find the teacher I was supposed to co-teach with. I searched around the school, and then gave up and just started the class without her. Normally this class is not very well-behaved, but they were pretty good today. Actually, I think they were happy the other teacher didn't show up, because they started talking in Japanese about how the teacher wasn't coming and then many of them started cheering.

I did about half the class by myself, and then she finally showed up. The kids were able to understand most of what I said, without any Japanese, so I probably could've taught the whole lesson by myself. Apparently my teacher was in the principal's office, but I don't know why exactly. The lesson ended up a little short on time, but other than that, it went pretty well.

No comments: