Friday, September 06, 2002

Japanese t-shirts are quite funny, mostly because they all contain English, but often it is quite non-sensical or at least strange for a t-shirt. I saw one of the English teachers wearing a shirt at school that was just filled with insults and curse words. It basically was the type of shirt we would tell students they couldn't wear. I don't know if the English teacher really understood the meaning of the shirt or not, but no one else seemed to mind. Once I saw a girl whose shirt had on the back a detailed set of instructions about how to stop severe bleeding. The English was correct, but it was just strange to see on a t-shirt not made by the Red Cross. Sarah bought a funny one that says "A dream that softly was dreamed" or something like that. Another shirt extolled the virtues of daschunds. Why? I don't really know.

They also have some great drink names, like "Calpis" which sounds like "cow piss" when you say it. "Pocari Sweat" is one I mentioned before too. It is like gatorade, but strangely named.

No comments: