I had a great time last weekend. We drove down to visit Paul in Shimane. It was fairly expensive though. The tolls were about $110 each way, plus the car rental was about $180. Still, I think it was much cheaper than taking the train. Paul has a nice house and his town has a wonderful beach. The weather Saturday was gorgeous so we went swimming at the beach. The beach was not crowded (15 people) because Japanese people don't really like to go to the beach after August, even if the weather is nice. The water was very clear, and it stayed shallow for quite a long distance.
Driving on the left side of the road is not as difficult as you might expect. After telling yourself to be careful for the first couple hours, you start to relax. In fact, by the end of the trip it seemed almost natural to me.
I took some pictures of Paul and his place, so I'll try to get those up soon. Also, when I have more time I will write a big long post about it. Recently I've had trouble updating frequently because of internet problems at school. Also, I've been quite busy because English club is meeting weekly now, so I have to plan things for them to do. I started teaching my first non-introduction lessons today. That also has me a bit nervous. I was surprised how quickly the time passed during class though.
Wednesday, September 25, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment