Tuesday was graduation at my school. I'm sad to see all my third year students leave. I knew some of them pretty well. It's a little scary to think that I only have one more term left before I leave Japan. I'll have to make the most of it.
For graduation here, you are supposed to wear a suit and a white tie. I understand the suit, but the white tie eludes me. A white tie on a white shirt is barely visible. It seems a bit silly. Of course, we dress up in big colorful gowns with funny hats, so I suppose that doesn't make much more sense.
After graduation, there is one more week of classes for the younger students, and then they have a week and a half of spring vacation. During this time, the teachers all find out where they will be working. They have little say in the matter, and can be forced to go to a school far away in a different city. It seems ridiculous to me, because the teachers become friends but then have to split up all the time. However, I guess it is good if you are becoming bored with your situation. Then you can try something new. I would think a system whereby you can ask to be moved would be a better system, though.
Thursday, March 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment