So far the conference has been pretty good. I went to three meetings today about possible career fields. The seminars I went to were on NGOs, IT, and interpreting. I was most interested in the IT industry one, but the guy didn't know very much detailed information. As it turned out, he didn't actually work in IT. He worked for a company that recruited executive IT positions for overseas' companies' offices in Japan. The interpreting one was by far the most interesting. The woman was a good speaker and very energetic. She was also the most knowledgeable about her industry, though she mostly knew about opportunities in North America translating Japanese, not Spanish.
Tomorrow is the last day of the conference, then we get to go home. As a whole, I think it has been one of the more useful conferences I've been to as a JET, but I wish they had gotten better speakers in some cases.
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment