Monday, March 08, 2004

My dad was curious what a stamp rally is, so here's an explanation. It's really simple. They give you a card with several spaces on it for stamps (the ink kind). In this case, they gave me a card with 5 spaces on it. I had to go to 5 booths that were scattered throughout the shopping areas at Roppongi Hills. When I went to a booth, they gave me a stamp. When I got all 5 (they spelled "Peace"), I went back to the starting booth and they gave me a free ticket to the art museum and entered me in a chance to carry the Olympic torch in Japan in June (kind of funny if a foreigner wins). Anyway, it is mostly to get you to run around the shopping mall and you get a prize in the end. Victoria and I also did one in Tokyo's Sony showroom store last time we were here. They were celebrating the birthday of Aibo, the robotic dog. In that case, we won a small Aibo bag at the end of it.

On a side note, I should point out that when we were at the lookout area before going into the museum, we couldn't see Mt. Fuji because it was too bright (Mt. Fuji is to the west). However, when we were in the museum, there was a window which faced Mt. Fuji and we could see it with the sunset. It looks really big from Tokyo. A museum attendant came over and told me not to take pictures while in the museum, but I had already got one. It seemed a little silly to us since I wasn't taking a picture of anything in the museum. Oh well. I'll try to post it when I get back.

No comments: