Last night we went to one of my favorite restaurants. It is a Nepalese restaurant, which is just like Indian, as far as I can tell. The food is really good there, and they have "set"s for really cheap. A set is often just a drink with something you order, but in this case it is an appetizer, dessert, pre-dinner drink, and salad. You get a huge tray with about 5 types of curry and rice and nan (plus all the above) for about 1000 yen ($9). I think its a sweet deal for dinner. Tip is included in that price too. Tip is included in every restaurant price here actually, which I find kind of nice. The service is generally good despite not working for tips, which wasn't the case in some European countries. Maybe as foreigners we get a little better service, but we normally have communication problems talking with the wait staff to counter the good service.
I've been to the restaurant twice and they are really friendly and it is quite a lot of food. There is a restaurant guide for the prefecture, and I'm going to make sure this restaurant is added for next year. They also have an English menu, which is rare. Strangely enough, they didn't give the menu to me my first time there, just my second. So my first time I did my whole random pointing bit, which is how I often choose what to eat, assuming it is not too expensive. I haven't gotten anything too weird yet, so it seems to be working.
Friday, August 30, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment