I bought another bicycle yesterday. My bike is quite old and rusty, plus the brakes don't work very well and it makes horrible sounds. The other day I stumbled across a small bike shop/ car repair place which had some used bikes for sale. The bike I bought is a tiny bit smaller than my first bike, but it was only 6,300 yen ($50). The mechanic had rebuilt the bike, and most of the parts seem new or in great condition. The seat was too small, so the mechanic came out and replaced the pole on the seat with a longer one. It even came with a bike lock, bell, lamp, and police security number. I think it was a great deal.
My neighbor's bike has also been broken for 5 months. I think I wrote about getting her chain out of the gears before. The people were so friendly and helpful when I bought my bike that I dragged her and her broken bike down to the same store when I got home. I had to go pick up my original bike from outside the store too. Elita, my neighbor, is so lazy that the only way her bike would ever get fixed is if I forced her to take it and went with it. When we got there, the store was closed, but one of the people who helped me out was in a back room. She went outside and I flagged her down and we explained about the bike problem and she took it into the shop so they could repair it the next day. Hopefully they will be able to fix it easily, but I don't really know. It might end up being really expensive since she has a nice mountain bike with gears and everything. It might be a good idea to replace the chain on her bike too, because it is rusted really badly.
Thursday, August 29, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment