Thursday, August 14, 2008

Been a bit busy this morning. I saw the state rooms at the castle, which were a disappointment. They were mostly filled with Italian and Belgian paintings - hardly anything was from Poland. The best part was a group of three musicians performing traditional songs in traditional dress. It sounded really good in the castle rooms. The good news was that they honored my student card this time, as most places like the salt mine require you to be under 26 to get a student discount.

Then I went to St Mary's Church, which is in the town square, and climbed its watch tower to see the bugler play the hourly song. It was about 300 steps I think, and a tight little space, though not as tight as a tower I climbed in Split. It's not too bad a climb unless someone is coming the other way.

Finally I went to see the new Batman movie, which was really good I thought. Next it's some supper then a hike to the rental office to get my bag and head to the train station. It's off to Berlin on an 11 hour night train. I should have the compartment to myself though, so will be peaceful.

No comments: