Friday, November 07, 2003

Recently the Prime Minister dissolved parliament, which means we are having another election right now. This one is just as annoying as the last election. I wouldn't mind the elections, except it means there are vans driving around the town, or parked at popular locations, blaring out loud political slogans. Sometimes they aren't even doing that, but just repeating "Thank you very much!" over and over again. How annoying! I can't believe they put up with all that noise pollution here. They will do it as early as 8am and as late as 9pm. You can hear the vans a long way away. I just hope the elections happen soon.

In some more bad news, one of my English teachers was gone from school all week. Normally Japanese teachers come to work even if they are violently ill and likely to infect everyone else at school, so I figured it was serious. Someone told me she was in the hospital. Another person hinted she might be depressed and at a psychiatrist. I don't know what the deal is, but I wrote her a card and sent it today. I hope she is okay. She's one of my favorite teachers, because she is very funny, and good at teaching.

No comments: