Happy Thankgiving! Unfortunately, this marks my third Thanksgiving sans family. I have to admit that it doesn't have the feel of a holiday without the gathering together bit. Luckily, Victoria drew a picture of all the family (including Whitefoot) so I wouldn't miss everyone too much.
I had some pumpkin products today, just by coincidence. We had pumpkin soup for lunch, which was pretty good. Jo, my co-worker, didn't like it though. It was the first time she had ever eaten pumpkin. Later, Victoria was eating a piece of pumpkin cake at Seattle's Best, which she shared with me. If I actually had an oven, I might consider buying a frozen turkey at the foreign food store and cooking it. No such luck, though. Victoria is predicting that I'll go crazy in the apartments in Australia and cook lots of things in ovens, due to withdrawal. We'll see.
Tonight I am making a presentation for tomorrow about America and North Carolina. I got my elementary kids to write down lots of questions about things they want to know. Some of them are a little strange.... "Which has more supermarkets, North Carolina or Toyama?" and "What is the biggest restaurant in North Carolina?" I don't think I can answer questions like these, from a lack of data. I did a search for the biggest restaurant in North Carolina on the Internet, but I didn't get a good hit. If you know, please tell me. The other questions are more sensible, like what music is popular. In addition to the presentation, I download some popular songs, and will show them some of the home videos we have on DVD. Hopefully they'll enjoy that.
Thursday, November 27, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment