Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I've gotten pretty bad about updating my weblog, huh? Sorry. I've been really busy helping with the Charity Show recently. Every year the JETs in the prefecture put on a show to raise money for charity. It is also about the only English-language event during the year, so it's a good chance for people to practice. This first half of the show is a variety show, with singing, dancing, a magic show, a martial arts demonstration, and more. The second part is a musical. I agreed to be the stage manager back in the fall, and my workload has really increased recently. I was responsible for making sure painting the set got done, and the creation of the props. Victoria designed the set for the play, and I rounded up a lot of people to help paint it last weekend. It was quite fun, but it took a lot of work. Many props are figured out, but others still need to be done, including a big check and two signs. I'm hoping to do some of them tonight or Thursday night.

We have two performances this year. One is at 1, and the other is at 6 that same night. I think we'll be very tired by the end of the day. I've been selling tickets and so far, I've sold 13 tickets to the evening performance, and 1 to the afternoon show. I think we won't sell out the afternoon show, which is too bad. Maybe I'll be surprised though.

I'll try to post up pictures from my Tokyo trip soon too. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: