I put up some more pictures finally. There are pictures from Tokyo, Erin's birthday party, and a couple pictures of the Charity Show set. I'm going to add commentary to the Tokyo write-up I did if you want to scan for any relevant pictures. I didn't take as many pictures in Tokyo as I intended to, so there won't be that many additions.
As far as Erin's birthday party goes, Erin is a friend of ours that lives out in a small town. She had her birthday get together the night after we did most of the painting for the set. The birthday get together was at a pub / restaurant chain called Tengu. Here's Erin and Victoria posing together and Victoria's impersonation of a walrus.
The Charity Show set consisted of three parts. There were two bars in the play, so the left one was called Slick Rick's, and was supposed to look more Western, so we made it brick-like. The right bar was called Mama San's, and it was more Japanese, so we made it look like a Japanese bar. The middle part was a post office and a hair salon, mostly to fill in space.
Victoria's friends Alex and Will who live in Kyoto (we stayed with them in the fall) came to Kanazawa and then to Toyama to visit Victoria. Unfortunately Victoria was quite busy with the Charity Show (she was the English M.C. for the variety show part), so they decided to come to the Charity Show so they could see her. They said they really liked it. Here are the three of them inside, outside, and here is Victoria by herself, dressed up for her speaking role.
Monday, June 23, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment