I got the new Harry Potter book today. Yay! It was 50% off the cover price and free shipping. You can't beat that. I think some of my students will be interested in reading parts of it. For my third-year students, I might have us read some of the book as a group.
Also, the Charity Show was this weekend. It was a big success. We were able to pull it off without any major problems. We had a couple of minor lighting blips, but nothing worth mentioning. The variety show acts were quite good too. We had a magic show, a choir, a martial arts demonstration, a latin dance group, an improvisational dance solo, and a jump rope group. The jump rope group is quite good, but they had some trouble during the first show and missed most of their challenging stunts. They did better during the second show, but kept messing up easy parts instead. However, they did manage to complete one trick I had seen them try four times before without any success. I was happy I finally got to see them do it. They also performed at the JET Festival earlier in the year. I was happy the Charity Show went smoothly. Two of my teachers and one of my ex-teachers came to see it. One of my students came too. I want to ask her what she thought of the show. I was busy after the shows, so I couldn't talk with the people I invited to come. I think they enjoyed it though. I might have a tape of it by the time my family comes to visit. It should be interesting to watch.
Monday, June 23, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment