Recently British Gas sent out 4 energy saving lightbulbs to all of their customers. Of course, they didn't bother asking whether or not your lights had that particular style of lightbulb, as there are several popular types in the UK. So it ends up that none of them fit my lights. But it did prompt me to buy a couple bulbs that would fit for the bathroom and the hallway lights. I don't use them much so I doubt it will save much energy, but a little is better than none I suppose.
I've also installed two LED bulbs in the kitchen to replace one halogen bulb that burnt out. They are not quite as bright as I might like, but with two of them it is enough. Together they use about 1/8 of the electricity compared to the halogen bulb, but even better I don't have to change them as often - since the halogen ones seem to burn out after 6 months or so. These are supposed to last about 25 times longer than the halogen ones, so I hope to be long gone from the flat by the time they burn out.
This week has been pretty busy in the evenings. On Wednesday I went to Helen's house for a faux-Thanksgiving dinner. We had pumpkin pie (from when I made them from scratch on Tuesday), but the dinner was spaghetti and meatballs (however they were the best meatballs I've ever had I think). Then on Thursday I went to Fired Arts to paint a bowl. Hopefully it will come out as well as the mug I did in July.
Yesterday I went to a Cluedo party (Cluedo is the original name of the game called Clue in the US, it was created in the UK) and I dressed as Reverend Green (called Mr. Green in the US). It was hosted by my new(ish) neighbors downstairs, who are really nice and friendly. It was pretty lucky I was there as I got extra food supplies from upstairs when they ran out of some key things (we were making personal pizzas). All in all a fun week but I am seriously behind on my course readings for this week.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment