Christmas in England did not result in too many surprises (like the pantomime in Jersey), but did mark one unique occasion: my first time driving in the UK as a licensed driver. It was successful in that I didn't hit anyone or anything with the car. Didn't really have to do anything fancy though. I drove on three different trips, one of which was quite long on a really narrow coastal road. It was challenging in that the lane was extremely narrow with a dirt bank on the side, and the speed limit regularly changed from 20mph to 60mph as you encountered random tiny villages during the drive. Was generally quite fun though, and filled with lots of bird-watching stations, so no doubt my parents will want to go there if they ever make it to Norfolk.
First half-week of work was pretty uneventful, though it was hard to get myself motivated at times. Not many other people in the office or at the university for that matter, so communicating with people generally had to be ruled out! Still, managed to get some stuff done, and this week should be more normal.
The strange thing that happens this week is that I am starting working for one of the four faculties two days a week for the whole semester. They had someone hired last summer to do e-learning but she left in December because the boss is a bit insane. So I am taking over some of the work she did until they can get a replacement. I'm also tasked a bit with sorting out this boss, though he is quite crazy. Should be a challenging but interesting time. Will be different getting heavily involved with one faculty rather than looking at the university as a whole.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment