They picked up my computer last Friday to take it to the factory. It hasn't been too much of a problem yet, but I am worried because I think I will have to use photo editing software in Japanese, which might be problematic. I have to make the program for the charity show in the next week or so.
We have collected almost all of the money for the charity show now. We have over two thousand dollars in company sponsorships, so that is good enough. We also have about one thousand dollars in sponsorship from the international center, and maybe another two thousand from the prefectural board of education. I think we should be able to pay for our costs with that amount. To save money, we are using a cheaper place to publish the posters and programs, and printing our own tickets. So far we have saved about 600 dollars, so that should help us donate more money to charity. Now we just have to sell lots of tickets.
On Monday Victoria went to a festival with the office lady from her school's family. In this festival, large groups of guys ram floats against each other. The festival goes really late, however, as she found out. I came over to her house to wait for her to return, but she didn't get back until after midnight. I wasn't worried about her safety or anything, but I was afraid of her being tired the next day at work.
On Monday I had my own excitement. For English club, we made foreign foods. The club divided into boys and girls. The girls wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, and the boys chose pancakes with strawberry sauce. Both of them came out pretty good, so the students were happy. I think a lot of other students were jealous because they kept sticking their heads into the kitchen.
Thursday, May 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment