So I finally got some good news. My computer is going to be fixed today or early next week, so I should get it back soon. It will be over 5 weeks though, so I'm quite frustrated. I don't even remember what my computer looks like anymore (okay, not really). I hope it is really fixed this time.
Victoria and I saw something interesting on TV last night. We saw a news show which talked about recent Japanese legislation that gives their army more powers. Currently the army has to ask permission from every local government when it wants to do an operation there, even if Japan was invaded. They want to give the army a more central command in the case of an attack or an emminent attack. I think it is an important issue right now because of tensions with North Korea. What was interesting was a look at steps the legislature had taken throughout the years. We thought the legislature would be very polite, calm, and bureaucratic. Instead, we saw several scenes where it looked like all the legislators were rushing at the microphone and trying to yank it away from each other. It looked a little more like a rugby match than a legislative meeting. We had a theory that if you could tear up the other person's legislation, then maybe you could kill a bill. It was quite strange to watch. I'll have to ask a teacher about it.
Friday, May 16, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment