Dana was fine too, in fact for a big earthquake, it did little damage. There have been two earthquakes that people in Toyama have felt this year, but so far I haven't felt any of them. Toyama is actually known for having the lowest amount of damage caused by earthquakes, so it's doubtful I will feel something too big.
We're taking a trip to Tokyo this weekend, which should be fun. It's paid for by our city hall, since there is a business conference Monday-Wednesday. The only other time I've gone to Tokyo was when I arrived for the orientation. It will be much different now that I know lots more about Japan than I did then.
I've already got a plan to meet up with Joanna Jordan there, who has an internship with a law firm in Tokyo.
Last night I started working on the webpage for Toyama prefecture. I'm the webmaster for the next year. The web page needs a lot of work, but it looks like it will be fun to do. It was good to do something which requires more complex thinking, kind of a kick-start to the brain. I figured out how to merge two javascript scripts I found online to make a slideshow that does what I want.
Tuesday, May 27, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment