Sunday, March 08, 2009

Thought it might be worth summarising a few key things that have happened recently:

I've been offered a promotion, pending immigration approval so I am waiting for that to come back right now.

I made a really good pizza the other day, which has inspired me to try again tomorrow.

I got to call the police again when someone decided to throw a brick at the door of the job centre across the street. I think the door is plastic reenforced though as the brick kept bouncing off it. The police arrived after the person had left anyway. Then a few days later I was woken up at 2am by a car speeding about 60 mph down my little street and promptly side-swiping another car. They drove off immediately and about 10 seconds later I heard a police car come racing down the street with siren blaring. I imagine they were trying to get away from the police when they crashed but the car must have been good enough to keep driving.

I'm joining a cub scout pack as an assistant leader. They're a great group of boys and girls and I've been helping out informally about 4 or 5 times in the last couple months, but I'm going to make it more official soon.

I went to London last weekend and I had a blast. I got to see Gabriel and a learning technologist I know at another university.

Also my department may be moving to a new building. Fortunately this building is closer and will half my commute to work (taking it down to a 4 minute walk). :)

Last night I stayed up really late doing karaoke on the PS2 at Adam and Sarah's new flat and had a blast. Today I tried to find a decent karaoke option for the wii, but it seems sadly lacking unless you like high school musical...

No comments: