My parents were here for the last few days, though they are taking a plane to Birmingham today. I had to work on Thursday and Friday so I didn't get to sightsee with them, which was probably all the same since it poured down rain most of the time. Yesterday we went to Liverpool amid predictions of heavy rain, only to be pleasantly surprised by barely any wet weather at all, and even some sunshine.
In Liverpool we saw the cathedral, which is a massive building and fairly modern compared to most cathedrals (finished in 1978). We also went to the Beatles Story, a museum about the Beatles' career. It was interesting, but a bit crowded. The big attraction of the weekend though was a giant spider that roamed through town and shot out foam (supposed to be webbing I guess). It was very popular and the crowds were pretty awful as a result. Still it was pretty cool to see it moving. I made a little video of it if you want to see how big it was. It takes 12 people to operate it apparently.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment