Yesterday we went to a Belle and Sebastian concert with Orla and Niamh, twins who are Victoria's friends. The concert was at Sheffield University, so it was not too far away. The concert was really good. I have only heard some of Belle and Sebastian's songs, mostly the older ones. But I enjoyed hearing the new ones too. The band utilised a bunch of different instruments for different songs. For instance, they had a cello, four violins, and a xylophone, in addition to the typical rock instruments. They also used a mouth organ, woodblocks, and a cow bell for some songs.
One nice thing about the concert was that the music was set at the perfect volume. I could hear everything well, but I didn't leave completely deaf. The next day there was no ringing sensation.
The band themselves were good entertainers, even telling jokes to the audience.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment