Today I accidentally got to see Prince Charles up close. This morning Victoria told me he was scheduled to come to Sheffield to see an Islamic art exhibition at the Millenium Galleries. Victoria had actually mentioned the exhibition to me last weekend, as she wanted to see it. We'll probably go this weekend.
When I was coming back to my campus from the other campus where I had some meetings, I noticed police motorcycles barracading the street. Just then the Prince's motorcade drove right by me and I caught a glimpse of him. He then got out of the cars a little further on and shook hands with the Lord Mayor and Mayoress (who I met at the opening of one of the university building) and other important people. I didn't stick around to oogle or anything, but it was interesting to see. When he drove by, he was only about 5 feet from me (though in a car obviously).
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment