Saturday, October 22, 2005

I think my plan of putting up some of the photos of my parents' trip while they were still here has failed miserably. They've been at home for several weeks now, but I will still put up some photos.

Since my parents left, we have mostly stayed at home. Orla and Niamh came to visit us for one weekend, and we have stayed in this weekend and last. This week I have actually had a bad cold, so I stayed home several days. I feel better today, but it's still lingering some.

Some good news I got is that it looks like everyone at work will be getting a larger salary increase than we were first told, so my new salary might be about 1,000 pounds more a year than what I thought it would be. It all has to do with union negotiations and a move to a universal national pay scale for lecturers.

Next weekend we are going to see a play called 1001 Arabian Nights Now, a modernisation of the original Arabian Nights tale. Hopefully it will be funny. Saturday if the weather is good we are going to Manchester Airport viewing park. It is a park at the end of the runways. They have many old planes there, including a Concorde. In addition, there are viewing mounds where you can see the planes taking off with an amazing view.

No comments: