Thursday, September 08, 2005

Great news! I got the promotion that I applied for. There is still some paperwork to get through, but I think it will be okay. I thought the interview went really well, so I was happy when I left, and obviously it did go well. There were three people up for two job posts. The day I had my interview, only two of the people were interviewed (myself included). The other person won't be interviewed until next week. They decided to announce one of the two posts after my interview, so it is nice to know I beat the other person.

It is still unclear when everyone will start their new jobs, so I don't know when it will take effect. I think a couple of people who didn't get the posts they applied for will get a chance to go at any posts that are remaining unfilled. After that, we should begin the process of contracts, etc. I hope they start my paperwork for the work permit soon. After the new work permit comes in, I will need to apply for a visa extension. This could take several months, during which I can't leave the country. I am hoping to have that done by Christmas, because we have bought tickets to go visit Victoria's sister Fiona then.

No comments: