Today we went to Windsor town to see the castle there. However, the line to enter was about an hour long, and it cost 25 dollars to get in, so we ended up not going. We mostly wandered around shopping and seeing the town. We went into a nice old wooden tea house, where we received some of the worst service and food ever. The people seemed really fake and the food was too expensive. Afterwards, we found a nice pub near the train station which was much better. Windsor is right on a flight path from Heathrow, so we got to see lots of planes taking off, which Victoria was happy about. They had free movies in the park right outside our house so we saw the last movie at night, Wedding Planner, a truly atrocious film starring Jennifer Lopez. Actually, I didn't think she was that bad of an actress in the movie. However, the plot was predictable and the dialogue was just bad. I would not recommend it.
Yesterday we met Orla and Niamph (an Irish name pronounced Nieve) at Portobello Road Market, which is full of antique shops and street booths selling all sorts of things. They are twin sisters that Victoria went to high school with. It was a nice walk. People were selling fruits and clothes mostly, however there was even a guy with a stamp booth. Since he seemed to only have individual expensive stamps, I did not buy any for my dad.
Tomorrow we will probably relax and do some chores, like laundry. It's a national holiday, so I don't have to go back to work yet. My university also likes to give a second day off after many national holidays, so I don't have work on Tuesday either. I will go home half-way through the day Tuesday and go shopping for some bits I need around the house.
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment