Saturday, March 05, 2005

Tonight there wasn't a sandstorm, but we have had a bit of scare. Around 10:30pm, the fire alarms in all the rooms started going off. We went downstairs and a several other residents were looking at the fire control board thing, trying to figure out why it was going off, and what the problem area of the house was. The alarm stopped, so we made our way back to our rooms, but then it started going off again for longer. I went downstairs, and this time I checked in the basement as well. I noticed smoke down there. It was coming from a fuse in an electrical box. So I told everyone and went to call the fire department. There is a fire station right down the street from us, so the response time was less than two minutes. The firemen came and took out the burning fuse, made sure nothing else was burning, and then reset our fire alarm for us. It was the type of thing that maybe didn't require the two fire trucks that were sent to our house, but was probably a good idea to have them come take care of. If it had been left alone, maybe a fire would've broken out. We are no longer tired tonight due to high amounts of adrenaline. Hopefully we can get some sleep soon.

No comments: