Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Well, I have stumbled upon my best find in London so far. This morning while at an coffee shop, paying 10 dollars for a day of internet, I did a search and came up with an internet cafe about 6 minutes from my house with free wireless (and wired) internet for paying customers. I believe this will become my favorite haunt for the next bit until I get my own situation sorted out. At least, I think it is free. I'm still here, so I haven't paid yet. It's called the Glow Lounge, and it is located near South Clapham tube station. I've also discovered they are building a giant Tesco's supermarket right down the street from me. Tesco is one of the largest supermarket chains in England, and considered by many to be the cheapest. However, it is likely that Victoria and I will be changing addresses as soon as I get a job. Given that the Tesco store is basically a big pit in the dirt right now, I doubt it will be much use to us, unless we decide that we like the neighborhood and move to another place close by.

Our current supermarket is Sainsbury's, and it's nice, but it can be quite expensive. Sometimes the prices baffle me, though. We bought about half a kilo of beef and it cost $1.50. We bought a single boneless chicken breast (probably under 200 grams) and it cost us $3! I guess there aren't many chicken farmers in England.

No comments: