Well, I have just officially moved out of my apartment today. I had to leave early because I am going to Korea starting tomorrow until the 28th. The new ALT, Andrew, is coming on the 28th, so I had to be out of the apartment by then. In some ways it is a relief, because I have taken care of my final gas and electric bills already, plus rent. Now I can relax more in Korea.
However, I seem to have way too much weight in my suitcase, so I may have to pay a little for having an overweight suitcase. I sent 18 kg of stuff to England today, which is actually my fourth box. The luggage allowance is only 1 suitcase weighing 20 kg to everywhere but Canada and America. It is so small it is hard to believe. Plus, extra suitcases cost a fortune.
I am taking a load of things to Korea to send first class from there, because it is 50% of the cost of Japan. That should help with the weight some.
Yesterday was the closing ceremony, and I made a speech in Japanese. It was okay, but I made a big mistake, which was okay because it sounded a lot like a joke. I said that when I came to Japan I spoke perfect English, rather than no English. It was only a slight difference in Japanese, but the meaning was quite different. They thought I was being sarcastic, so it all worked out in the end.
I was given several gifts, including flowers, a nice lacquerware tray, and some windchimes. I am having to send the windchimes back by mail, since they weigh a lot.
Well, I have to get ready for Korea
Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment