I moved out of my apartment before I went to Korea, so now I am living in Victoria's apartment. Unfortunately, there is no internet there anymore, so I am writing this from the library instead. It is really hot here in Toyama, and very humid.
Korea was fun, but also very hot. We mostly relaxed and took it easy, instead of running around seeing lots of touristy stuff. We spent half our trip at the beach. The beach we went to was very commercialized, but not really built for foreign tourists. Hardly anyone spoke any English, so we had a really hard time communicating in restaurants and the like. There were tons of fairly expensive motels, all of which looked fairly similar and had corny names like The Titanic Motel, which had a giant picture of Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslett on it.
Today we are also moving out of Victoria's apartment and into a friend's apartment for the next couple of days. We will leave Toyama on Tuesday night, on an overnight train to Tokyo, where we will fly to London from on Wednesday. All and all, it is a bit hectic right now, mostly moving, cleaning, and sending boxes home. I can't believe how much stuff we have accumulated in two years, while trying not to accumulate stuff. It doesn't help that I can only take one suitcase weighing 20kg back, which I was able to take two weighing 32kg each on the way over. That's quite a big difference. 20kg is really not that much, and my suitcase will probably be a couple kilograms over. Hopefully I won't have to pay an extra fee.
Victoria's sister's wedding is in a week. It should be interesting to meet her family, and hopefully I can also meet lots of people who want to help me find a job. :) So far I have been looking online mostly. I am focusing mostly on jobs which want fluent Spanish speakers who know computer stuff. I figure that might help me get a work permit, because it is a specific requirement most programmers wouldn't qualify for. If you hear anything, be sure to let me know.
Saturday, July 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment