Monday, March 24, 2003

Well, today is the big day. All the teachers are finding out right now if they'll stay another year or be moved to a different school. I know about two of my English teachers which are moving, because they are only temporary teachers. One of them is Mrs. Iguchi, who does lots of stuff with me, and is one of my favorite teachers. The other is Mr. Shimobe, the one who knows very little English. I won't miss him, but I'll miss her a lot. I'm curious who the new English teachers will be. The other teachers are being tight-lipped or haven't found out yet. One teacher theorized that my supervisor might be one of the people to go. He has been here for five years and wants to go elsewhere. I consider him middle of the road, as far as how much leeway he gives me. A new supervisor could be more relaxed, or could be much more strict. It would be a toss-up if he left, which could make the next two weeks nerve-racking.

I don't know if I wrote about it, but I am changing my school routine a little as well. This year I have gone to three elementary schools on Friday afternoons, a different one each time. Next year I won't go to Horikawa or Horikawa Minami Elementary Schools. Instead I will just go to Sogawa Elementary School every week. This is the tiny school that I really enjoy teaching at, but it will make things a little more difficult since I have to make many more unique lessons for the kids. They should be awesome at English by the end of the year, though. Luckily, I didn't find out today, but over a month ago.

No comments: